About Me

My photo
I dedicate my time to improving people’s lives and making a stand against those fail to acknowledge the importance of healthy living. Health prevention is KEY. Feel free to email any comments or blog suggestions to lizjfahey@gmail.com

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Out With the Resolutions & In With the Gratitude!

What was your New Year’s resolution last year? If you’re anything like me then you don’t have the slightest idea. Year after year I make these resolutions and year after year I forget them. That’s why this year I’m swapping the resolution list and trading it for a gratitude list!

Being grateful is the first step to having a happy, healthy and positive life. The feeling of appreciation and gratitude are some of the most wonderful feelings to have and what better way to start of the New Year. Making a gratitude list increases your sense of well-being, and decreases feelings of depression. It also keeps your focus on the pleasant things in your life, keeping you in good spirit.

A good practice to do is to set aside one day a week and take a few minutes to sit alone and write down your gratitude list for the week. It’s okay if you don’t feel gracious when you first begin making gratitude lists, but I promise the feeling will come if you continue to have gracious thoughts.

Besides, I don’t need a brand new year to make a change in my life, I can decide to make a change in my life any day I choose and that my friends is the beauty of free will!

Below is a picture of one of my best friends Andrea. She's out working in the West now and we don't to talk as often we used to but I'm still SO glad that she exists in my life! I don't tell her that often enough but she is definitely one of the most beautiful souls I've met to date! Do you feel the same way about someone in your life? Why don't you tell them so! :)

No comments: